Friday, November 9, 2012

The Softie Challenge Continues


Just to update you, I have been keeping up with my self-imposed softie ornament-a-day treadmill with great aplomb, especially considering this week's momentous election and a trip to Cirque du Soleil, which both cut into my crafting time. 
Here are the finished sugar skull ornaments from November 6 and 7. I decided to switch back to some owls after completion. 
Again, I worked in multiples to knock out a few owls for November 8 and 9. I finished them this afternoon. 
 
I love these kind of muted, rustic colored felts, but I think I'm boxing myself in with the owls, and just doing the same sorts of designs and color schemes over and over. I wanted to bust out and do some more bright and/or zany-looking ones. 
Did I succeed? I like this little guy so far. I did it so fast, it was like doing a quick doodle, but with felt. The weekend should give me some good long swathes of time to really work on some details and more time-consuming projects. Will advise! 



No comments:

Post a Comment