Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Complicated Softies

I've been working on some more complicated softie ornaments for the last couple days. I could make owls all day, but I'd probably get bored eventually, so when someone special asks for something specific, it can be a super fun challenge! 
 It can also be a massive pain in the arse. I made three heads for this peacock to get one right. Three. That's the same number of times it took me to pass my driver's license road test. 
 Ultimately, I'm pleased with the way this peacock turned out. There will be no further peacock ornaments in my immediate crafting future. 
 This is a narwhal. Who doesn't want an adorable narwhal on their tree? Another request, which was pretty fun to create. To attach his fins I used a blanket stitch, at which I'm a bit rusty. But as an admirer of relatively obscure aquatic creatures, I love little narwhal.
 Again, being so behind on my challenge (currently five softies behind schedule), I needed to make something fast. Another vegetable for Tobi? Of course! We haven't successfully cooked an eggplant, but we can hang this cutie on our tree. Also, I learned today that it's called an aubergine in other parts of the world. The more you know. 
These are some in-progress sofite ornaments. Just so you know, I'm not a total slacker. More to come! 

No comments:

Post a Comment