Tuesday, April 5, 2011

I Invented Owls

Owls are so in right now. Just look at Etsy. They should call it "Owls & Octopuses-tsy." Well, may I just say that I created these owls at least seven months ago--waaaaaay before owls gained the popularity they enjoy today. I'm not saying people who like owls are just jumping on a bandwagon that I'm driving through the Hip Animal Rainforest Nature Reserve. I'm just pointing out that I basically invented the owl when I birthed the first one in a PBR-induced labor after a dance party at a vegan bar when I was like 20.

These are my owl babies:

This is the little guy. He's kind of understated and a little goofy, but he's really deadpan about it, like a British comedic actor. His head is square-ish and he has rosy cheeks.
Several hours after a meal, an owl will regurgitate undigested bits of rodent bones, teeth, claws, plant matter, fur, insect exoskeletons and whatever else its glandular stomach failed to digest in the form of a compact mouth turd called an owl pellet. Have you dissected an owl pellet? I have. It's both awesome and disgusting. These softies come with biologically correct accessories--handmade pellets.
Owls.

No comments:

Post a Comment